Monday, October 8, 2012

The High Line to Eataly: Funtivities in Chelsea with Mom

Funtivities

After a perfect weekend with my mom, I was dragging ass back to work this morning. I should have sprinted to the office considering the pounds and pounds of food we inhaled Thursday through Sunday. Now it's time to recollect the weekend's food and funtivities. Today I'll be blabbing about The High Line and Eataly...

The High Line

Can you believe there's grass in New York City?

I have visited the High Line quite a few times now. It's the perfect place to go on a walk, alone or with friends.
Cute moms like the High Line too!

As of recent, the walk is a cluster fuck of tourists on the weekends, but it's still one of my favorite funtivities. You can enter on 30th St. and 10th Ave. in Chelsea and walk all the way down to the Meatpacking district.
Along the path there are cute food carts and lots of spots to sit down.

The best part? The High Line ends right near Chelsea Market, which we all know has plenty of tasty treat and savory eats: my Chelsea Market post.

Eataly

The mecca of amazing Italian food.

Eataly can be stressful. But once you get past the hundreds of people fighting over reservations, it is sooooo worth it. Due to the confusion that overcomes you when you first walk into Eataly, I'll give you a few pointers...

  • There are five "restaurants" that are on a first come first serve basis: Birreria (the rooftop Beer Garden), La Piazza (the salami, cheese, and wine waiting station), Il Pesce (seafood), Le Verdure (vegetables...some of the best vegetable dishes I've ever tasted), and La Pizza & Pasta (Pizza and Pasta, obviously).
  • There is one restaurant that requires a reservation:
Manzo Ristorante.
  • I suggest picking one of the five first come first serve restaurants, putting your name in, and walking around to the various markets (Eataly's Dolci, Fruit/Vegetable stands, and kitchenware section). You can also post up at La Piazza at one of the high tables for apps while you wait...
This is the emptiest I have ever seen La Piazza.

At popular times and on weekends, Eataly is crowded (to say the least). But once you learn "How To Eataly" it's a fun-filled activity with fantastic food. I am also dying to try one of their cooking classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment