Friday, October 5, 2012

Jean-Georges's ABC Kitchen

Big Apple Bites

My mom is in town this weekend! So naturally, we are eating and exploring our way through the city all four days.
Meet my beautiful mom!

Our food itinerary for the weekend involves ABC Kitchen (dinner), Lady M Confections (dessert, obviously), Momofuku Milk Bar (more desserts, duh), Eataly (lunch), Tamarind (dinner), and Penelope (Sunday brunch). Details to come later. For now, I want to describe our impeccable feast at ABC Kitchen last night.
I give the relaxed atmosphere and fabulous waiters an A+

I was blown away before we even started eating. Our waiter was very nice and attentive, but not to the point of annoyance. The decor is perfect in every way - it wholly embodies the "farm-to-table" vibe.

One word: Fresh.

Now, onto the food...
I could have ordered anything on the menu.

What we chose...
-Appetizers-
Roasted beets with housemade yogurt.
Roasted squash with caramelized onions on grilled bread.
Shaved squash salad with Parmesan dressing and herbs.

-Entrees-
Sea bass with chilies and herbs, served with spinach and potatoes.
Roasted organic chicken, corn, favas, english peas (served with these tiny, salty, delicious fries).

I loved every bite and highly recommend ABC Kitchen. I have one tip: you must make your reservation at least a month in advanced if you want a reservation time that isn't 5:00 or 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment