Friday, October 12, 2012

Ethos: Mykonos meets Midtown East

Big Apple Bites

You know when people ask, "What's your favorite type of food?"...and you want to say, "Are you kidding me? I don't have one favorite, I LOVE ALL FOOD!" Well, I have a legitimate answer to that question: Mediterranean food. I am half Syrian and have been eating chickpeas straight from the can since infancy. Thus, hummus, baba ghanoush, pita bread, and chicken kebabs are regulars in my diet.
Get in my belly.

Upon moving to the big city, I pledged to try every Lebanese, Greek, Syrian, Turkish restaurant with a decent reputation in NYC (see my post about Taim Falafel). Last night, my dream-meal came true at Ethos in Midtown East. Two summers ago I visited my girl Melina in Mykonos...
...and I can safely say that the beachy decor, authentic food, fun ambiance, and very Greek waiters at Ethos brought me back to Greece.

Appetizers
Some of the best Tarama, Melitzanosalata, Spicy Feta, Tzatzik, and Hummus I've ever tasted.

Garides Saganaki (aka Greek shrimp with feta and tomatoes)
Dipping the bread in the extra sauce was amazing.

Entrees
Juicy Chicken Souvlaki Skewers (I ordered a side of hummus, obviously)


Paidakia (Grilled Lam Chops)
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

We tried the baklava for dessert and it wasn't great. But, the EXCELLENT meal made up for it. Head up to 51st and 1st ASAP for a delicious Greek meal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment