Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Beast: NYC Speedboat Ride

Funtivities

What do the words, "The Beast" make you think of? Definitely not an embarrassing, fugly, green speedboat painted to look like a monster that whips around on the Hudson River. Yes, this exists and yes, it's an f-ing blast.
THE BEAST.

I am fully aware how lame this sounds (let alone how dumb it looks). But, don't knock it till you try it. My brother, Jack, visited me in the city last summer and he happened to come during the record-busting heat wave in July. My mom mentioned she read about an obnoxious, green speedboat that jerks you around the Statue of Liberty and soaks you with the sewage-infested water from the Hudson.....sign me up!
I'm sure you can see us on this boat if you squint...

All in all, not only was it a perfect way to escape the heat, but we legitimately had a great time (and have an overpriced picture to prove it).
Don't look too excited, Jack.

I recommend going to a booze-filled brunch beforehand to enhance the fun. You have TEN DAYS left to ride The Beast this year (it runs until September 30th). If not, there's always next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment