Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweet Perfections at Lady M Confections: Mille Crepe Cake

Big Apple Bites

As I've said before, my sweet tooth is out of control. I stalk every dessert shop that I hear about in NYC. So, when Ted Allen presented Lady M's Mille Crepe Cake on Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," I dropped dead. Not only is this cake aesthetically perfect, but it tastes immaculate.
Composed of 20 paper thin, handmade crepes layered with light pastry cream.

Last Friday l was lucky enough to try this irresistible treat...
Every. Single. Bite. Was. Amazing.

The crepe layers are so thin that they simply hold together the custard cream. The top of the cake is flaky and caramelized to perfection. When your fork sinks into a slice, the ethereal light pastry cream oozes out the sides of the stacked crepes. The best part is the cake also comes in Coconut, Chocolate, Chocolate Banana, Green Tea, Marron, and Strawberry...

Although the Mille Crepe 'takes the cake', Lady M offers more than 20 other tasty desserts. Next time you're in New York City head up to 41 East 78th Street to satiate that relentless sweet tooth.

Did I mention Lady M Confections got a 29 out of 30 on Zagat? I didn't even know that was possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment