Friday, April 5, 2013

theSkimm: Your new secret weapon...

Funtivities (for girls on the go)

theSkimm: my newest obsession; a life-saver and a time-saver; finally some news I can tolerate; according to Forbes, it's my "new secret weapon"...

theSkimm is straight-up genius. There are two types of people when it comes to reading up on your current events: 1) "You've always read the paper and pride yourself on being an informed citizen on top of all the week's biggest headlines...but, there is so much information, and so many different outlets, it's just not possible to absorb it all" (Forbes), or 2) Ignorance is bliss and you have no time for the news.
I'm with SJP. I'd rather wear the newspaper than read it.

Yes, I read the headlines every morning. Yes, I wish I had more interest in reading the rest. Yes, I feel guilty when I am uninformed about current events. Yes, theSkimm is my new best friend. What sets theSkimm apart? It is legible and speaks to its audience in a voice that is conversational, understandable, and even entertaining. The most recent newsletter highlights everything from the financial crisis to Lululemon's see-through yoga pants...

Here's a little snippet of today's newsletter:

Then, if you're especially intrigued by one of theSkimm's short summaries, you can read-up on the issue elsewhere! Subscribe to theSkimm for free by CLICKING HERE.

Plus, their motto is really cute: "We read. You Skimm."

No comments:

Post a Comment